|COURSE NAME||FEES BEFORE GST||Duration||Industry||Funding Details|
|Shipyard Safety Instruction Course (General Trade) - SSIC(GT)||S$37. 38.00||Total: 8.5 hrs, includes Assmnt: 1.0 hrs||SHIPYARD||No funding available|
The Workplace Safety and Health (Shipbuilding and Ship-repairing) Regulations 2008 Reg. 6 (2) stipulates that “It
shall be the duty of every person not to carry out any hazardous work in a shipyard or on board a ship in a harbour
unless he has undergone a safety and health training course approved by the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health.”
The SSIC is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers working in shipyard industries.
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
Participant must be able to read, write and speak in the language in which the course is conducted.
- To provide participants with the basic understanding of workplace safety & health hazards in the ship building and repair industry.
- To highlight the measures to prevent incidents / accidents in the ship building and repair industry.
Learners must be able to apply numbers, listen, read, speak & write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS-Level-2)
The course comprises the following modules:
- Recognise the common safety and health hazards
- Chemistry of fire and types of combustible materials (Fuel)
- Shipyard Permit-to-Work systems for prevention of fire and explosions
- Causes of fires and explosions and their prevention
- Safety signs)
- Evacuation in case of a fire
- Specialized operations· Material handling
- Mechanical and electrical hazards
- Falling hazards
- Health hazards
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be issued to all participants.
· 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
· 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
· No.8, Veerasamy Road, Singapore-207316