|COURSE NAME||FEES BEFORE GST||Duration||Industry||Funding Details|
|Perform Work in Confined Space Operation (Manhole) - PWCSO/SOC (MH)||S$110.00||Total: 14 hrs, includes Assmnt: 2.0 hrs||CONFINED SPACE||Click Here|
Under the Factories (Safety Training Courses) Order 2001 which came into effect in June 2001, all workers, including Singaporeans, must undergo a Safety Orientation Course (Manholes) before they are allowed to work in Manholes and other Confined Spaces.
Learners should be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) Level 2.
· Identify duties and responsibilities of all personnel involved in confined space work under the WSH Legislations and Code of Practice.
· Identify confined space hazards.
· Use Gas Detection Instruments for atmospheric monitoring
· Comply with Permit-to-Work system and safe work procedures when working in confined space.
· Participate in an emergency for confined space.
· Participants must be able to listen, read, speak and write in English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) Level 2.
· All trainees who are working in the construction industry must have attended and passed the Construction Safety Orientation Course for Workers (General Trade) before they attend this course.
- Understand the legal requirements on manhole work
- Acquire knowledge on manholes, their hazards and consequences, control and mitigation measures
- Understand the need of having an effective manhole entry permit system
- Understanding the importance of hazards monitoring and communication and the respective roles they play to effect a rescue
- Legislation and Code of Practice on Confined Space Work
- Duties and Responsibilities of all personnel involved in confined space work
- Manhole Hazards Part A – Atmospheric Hazards
- Manhole Hazards Part B – Physical and Biological Hazards
- Confined Space Entry Permit System
- Prevention and Control of Manhole Hazards
- Use and Limitations of Gas Detection Instruments
- Risk Assessment
- Selection, use, fit and maintenance of personal protective equipment use for work in manholes
- Accident Case Studies Of Accidents in Manholes
- Communication and Emergency Response Plan
English, Mandarin(Facilitation),Bengali (Facilitation),Tamil (Facilitation)
· 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
· 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
· No.8, Veerasamy Road, Singapore-207316