Definitions for transfer, withdrawal and deferment
- Transfer – This policy applies when you change the programme of your study but remain as a student of Eversafe Academy..
- Withdrawal – This policy applies when you discontinue your study and cease to be a student of Eversafe Academy.
- Deferment – This policy applies when you delay or postpone the course (or module) and remain a student of Eversafe Academy.
Transfer and Withdrawal Policies
- To request for a transfer/withdrawal, students are required to write to Eversafe Academy giving the reason for their request using the Transfer Request Form/Withdrawal Request Form.
- Eversafe Academy allows students to withdraw from a course in accordance with its refund policy.
- Eversafe Academy allows students to transfer from a course X to another course Y within Eversafe Academy with payment of a transfer fee. This is treated as a withdrawal from course X (refund policy will apply) and a re-enrolment with Eversafe Academy into course Y. Eversafe Academy may at its discretion give the re-enrolled student a discount on the course fee for Y. The discount may be up to the un-used portion of the course fee for X.
- A transfer to another private education institution is regarded as a withdrawal from Eversafe Academy.
- If the student is below 18 years of age, the parent or guardian’s approval for the transfer / withdrawal will be required.
- A request to transfer to another course can be accepted if the student meets the admission requirements for the course he wants to transfer to, and there are available places in that course.
- For transfers, the service target is to assess and reply to the student’s transfer request within 7 working days and to complete the transfer process within 4 weeks.
- For withdrawals, the service target is to complete the process (including assessing and replying to student’s request, change of status of student’s pass, refund made) within 7 working days.
- For International students applying for transfer or withdrawl from Eversafe Academy are informed about the below :
- if the international student withdraws from Eversafe Academy, Eversafe Academy would login to the ICA system to cancel the student pass. When cancelled the student would have 30 days to remain in Singapore.
- if the international student transfers to another course, Eversafe Academy would have to apply for a new student pass. They are warned that should ICA reject the application for new pass the international student would have to return home.
- Students are informed during orientation that Eversafe Academy considers requests from students for course deferment on compassionate grounds
- There must be a good reason deemed acceptable to Eversafe Academy, and the course must be on-going such that by the time the student returns at the end of the deferment period, he is still able to study all the required modules and successfully complete the requirements for graduation. Acceptable reasons may include:
- family members who are very sick or dying where the student’s presence at home is required
- traumatic family circumstances (e.g. death of a parent in an accident) where the family needs to be together to support each other
- sickness or poor health where the student needs to have an extended period of rest
- For deferment requests, the service target is to assess and reply to the student’s deferment request within 7 working days.
- To request for a course deferment, students are required to write to Eversafe Academy giving the reason for their request using Deferment Request Form and providing relevant documents (if available).
- If the student is under 18 years of age, the Education Consultant Head-Guidance & Counseling will contact the parent / legal guardian and seek confirmation of the request for deferment.
- Any deferment granted would ordinarily be up to a maximum of one year. If necessary and upon a fresh request, the deferment may be further extended.
- Approval for course deferment is at the sole discretion of Eversafe Academy.
- Upon approval, the student is required to sign a new Student Contract or undertaking to extend the period of study.
- International Students will be required to cancel their Student’s Pass as required by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) if their course deferment request is approved. Student’s Pass is subject to ICA’s approval.