|COURSE NAME||FEES BEFORE GST||Duration||Industry||Funding Details|
|Manhole Safety Assessor Course - MSAC||S$400.00||Total: 30 hrs, includes Assmnt: 3 hrs||Confined Space||Click Here|
- Explain the legal requirements on confined space/manhole work as stipulated in the WSH Act, WSH (Confined Spaces) Regulations, WSH (Construction) Regulations, WSH (Shipbuilding and Ship repairing) Regulations, SS 568:2011
- State the duties and responsibilities of entrants, attendants, supervisors, confined space safety assessors, rescue personnel and authorized managers under the WSH legislation and guidelines.
- Equip with knowledge on atmospheric, physical and biological hazards associated with confined spaces/manholes and the consequences of exposure to these hazards
- Conduct risk assessment to identify, assess the hazards and risk control measures working in confined spaces/manholes.
- Implement an effective confined space entry permit system in relation to WSH (Confined Spaces) Regulations and WSH (Construction) Regulations
- Perform appropriate gas testing procedure for atmospheric hazards o obtain representative atmospheric measurements of the confined space conditions, in line with gas monitoring protocol and a systematic approach of working in confined spaces/manholes.
- To explain the types of prevention and control of confined space/manhole hazards with regard to sludge removal, purging and ventilation of confined space/manhole for entry or continuous occupancy.
- Perform appropriate gas testing procedures for atmospheric, physical and biological hazards.
- Propose gas monitoring instruments to obtain representative atmospheric measurements
- Propose periodic monitoring schedule for atmospheric hazards based on typical manhole connected to sewage tunnels
- IRecord and interpret the gas measurement results
- Select the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) fit for use for confined spaces/manhole activity 9 MOM Technical Notes v1.0 – MSAC
- Maintain the PPE in good condition and proper storage area.
- Communicate the emergency response plan and the components for safe rescue and evacuation
- Identify the causes of confined spaces/manholes incidents and list the learning points
Successfully completed the (i) WSQ Supervise Work in Confined Space Operation (formerly known as Safety Instruction Course (Manhole) under MOM ATP scheme) or (ii) Building Construction Supervisors Safety Course with at least 3 years of relevant experience in confined spaces/manholes
- Legislative requirements under WSH (Confined Spaces) Regulations, WSH (Construction) Regulations, WSH (Shipbuilding and Shiprepairing) Regulations, SS 568:2011
- Duties and responsibilities of all personnel involved in confined space and related work
- Types of Confined Spaces/Manholes Hazards – Atmospheric Hazard (Part A)
- Types of Confined Spaces/Manholes Hazards – Physical and Biological Hazards (Part B)
- Risk Assessment
- Confined Space/Manhole Entry Permit System
- Types of Gas Monitoring Instruments – Applications and Limitations
- Prevention and Control of Confined Spaces/Manholes Hazards
- Accident Case Studies on Confined Spaces/Manholes
- Gas Testing Procedures – Part A, Part B and Part C
- Selection, use, fit and maintenance of personal protective equipment for working in confined spaces/manholes
- Communication and Emergency Response Plan
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be issued to all participants.
· 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
· 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966