WSQ RESPONSE TO FIRE INCIDENT IN WORKPLACE
This course aims to provide Company Emergency Response Teams (CERT) from commercial, industrial and workplaces who are the first responders for incidents in their respective premises and personnel who wants to be recognized as the competent person applying emergency response skills during an emergency incident in workplaces.
- Relevant work experience to the workplace they would like to be a part of the Company Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4
- Self-directed learner
- Possess an open and analytical mind
On completion of this unit, the learner will have the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills and knowledge required to effectively respond to fire incidents. This includes:
- Introduce or reinforce the relevant legislations surrounding the formations and activation of CERT.
- Familiarize participants with the various possible fire hazards and the usage of fire protection systems in buildings.
- Instruct participants on correct methods to conduct initial fire-fighting using various extinguishing mediums.
- Legislation & Regulations of fire safety and protection
- Overview of an Emergency Response Plan
- Emergency Response Plan and CERT
- Overview of Company Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Potential fire hazard scenarios and injury
- Fire Situation Assessment Types and usage of fire protection system
- Fire Extinguishing Handover and assist the operation to the appropriate body
- Learner’s Activity
Course Duration: 8 hours including 1 hours of assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English.
Class Size: Maximum 20
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:20 for Theory Lesson & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
Practical Performance and Written/ Verbal Test.
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by WDA will be issued to all participants.
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966