WSQ RESPONSE TO FIRE INCIDENT IN WORKPLACE (RFIW)
This course aims to provide Company Emergency Response Teams (CERT) from commercial, industrial and workplaces who are the first responders for incidents in their respective premises and personnel who wants to be recognized as the competent person applying emergency response skills during an emergency
incident in workplaces.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
- Relevant work experience to the workplace they would like to be a part of the Company Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4
- Self-directed learner
- Possess an open and analytical mind
On completion of this unit, the learner will have the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills and knowledge required to effectively respond to fire incidents. This includes:
o Introduce or reinforce the relevant legislations surrounding the formations and activation of CERT.
o Familiarize participants with the various possible fire hazards and the usage of fire protection systems in buildings.
o Instruct participants on correct methods to conduct initial fire-fighting using various extinguishing mediums.
- Legislation & Regulations of fire safety and protection.
- Overview of an Emergency Response Plan.
- Emergency Response Plan and CERT.
- Overview of Company Emergency Response Team (CERT).
- Potential fire hazard scenarios and injury.
- Fire Situation Assessment Types and usage of fire protection system.
- Fire Extinguishing Handover and assist the operation to the appropriate body.
- Learner’s Activity.
Course Duration: 8 hours including 1 hours of assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English
- Face to face class room teaching.
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s & free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- WSQ Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) qualification or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of experience working as first res ponder or manage a CERT in any industry preferably Process industry
- At least 1 year of relevant training delivery experience
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) qualification or equivalent
Key Person In charge : Monish V ( Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum class size: 20
1:20 for Theory Lesson & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% attendance.
Practical Performance and Written/ Verbal Test
Course Fee exclusive of GST:
Renewal Points for professionals
- SDU Points :8
- CPD Points :10
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee
- .E-cert available
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606