WSQ RESPONSE TO FIRE EMERGENCY IN BUILDINGS RFEB
CERT, Fire Safety Officers and staff who are the first to respond
to fire emergencies in the Buildings.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
- Relevant work experience to the workplace they would like to be a part of CERT
- Able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES Workplace Literacy
and Numeracy Level 4
- Self-directed learner
- Possess an open and analytical mind..
To prepare CERT members with the knowledge and application skills to function as a member of an emergency response team in order to implement the emergency response skills during an emergency incident in buildings.
- Legislations & Regulations of Fire Safety & Protection.
- Overview of Company Emergency Response Team (CERT) injury.
- Types of Premises which are affected and will be required to form CERT.
- Emergency Response Plan and CERT Causes of Fire and Potential Fire hazard scenarios & Injury.
- Different types of Fire safety & Fire protection systems.
- Categories and purpose of Breathing Apparatus (BA).
- Components of Breathing Apparatus and usage of Breathing Apparatus (BA).
- Factors influencing consumption rate of Breathing Apparatus (BA).
- Breathing Apparatus (BA) components guidelines and entrapment procedures.
- BA confidence training.
- High Rise fighting problems and fire fighting operations.
- Fire Safety Common First Aid Equipment and Cardiopulmonary.
- Rescue and Evacuation Techniques.
- Hands-on Training on Evacuation Techniques.
- Fire Fighting Equipment.
- Handover incident and provide operational assistance to the appropriate body.
Course Duration: 16 hours including 2 hours of assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English
- Face to face class room teaching.
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s & free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- WSQ Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) qualification or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience working as first responder or manage a CERT in any industry preferably Process industry.
- At least 1 year of relevant training delivery experience
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) qualification or equivalent
Key Person In charge : Monish V ( Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum class size: 20
- 1:20 for Theory Lesson & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% attendance.
Practical Performance and Written/ Verbal Test
Course Fee exclusive of GST:
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee
- .E-cert available
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
Renewal Points for professionals
- SDU Points :NA
- CPD Points :NA