WSQ Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health (Level B) Course
The WSQ Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health (Level B) course is designed for the individuals who play the role of supervisor with assigned coordinator role in WSH responsibilities.
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
*ES WSQ WPLN Level 5 or GCE “N” Levels in English (Level -5) & Mathematics (Level–5)
*Passed (BCSS/ SSSC/OPISC/BISH/BCSS(Tunneling)) courses with preferably 1 years of relevant working experience in WSH
Participants of Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health will acquire the WSH knowledge and skills for fulfilling the role of a coordinator in line with WSH. Participants also learn the relevant WSH Regulations and transform the key competencies as a WSH coordinator.
A. Compulsory Core Units
- Administer WSH Policy
- Identify WSH Hazards and Implement Control Measures
- Coordinate WSH Management System with Legal Compliance
- Investigate and Report WSH Incidents
- Coordinate Implementation of Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans
- Measure, Monitor and Report WSH Performance
- Promote WSH Culture Development
- Facilitate Effective Communication and Engagement at the Workplace (ES WSQ)
B. Choice of 2 Elective Units
- At least one elective unit from the following listed in Group 1
- Supervise WSH in Construction Industry (Also known as Building Construction Supervisor Safety Course – BCSS)
- Supervise WSH in Tunneling Construction *(Also known as Building Construction Safety Course for Supervisor (Tunneling) Course)
- Supervise WSH in Manufacturing Industry (Also known as Basic Industrial Safety and Health Course for Supervisors – BISH)
- Supervise Workplace Safety and Health in Process Plant (Also known as Oil/Petrochemical Industry Safety Course for Supervisors – OPISC)
Note: The above module have the exemption credit if the participants complete the following courses (BCSS/SSSC/OPISC/BISH/BCSS(T))
- The following elective unit from Group 2
- Solve Problems and Make Decisions at Supervisory Level (ES WSQ)
Course Duration : 168 hours
Medium of Instruction: English.
Class Size: Maximum class size: 25
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:25 for Lecture & Assessment
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance
Participants who achieved 75% attendance and certified competent will receive 9 WSQ statement of attainment (SOA) and full certification by WDA.
- 2 Kampong Kapor Rd, Little India, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-16&17, Pioneer Junction Singapore 627606
- 2 Joo Koon Road, Singapore – 628966