WORKSHOP TO ENHANCE THE SAFETY OF CRANE OPERATION (WESCO)
This workshop is designed for MOM registered crane operators to raise their safety competencies in the operation of cranes e.g. Crawler Crane, Dockside Tower Crane, Mobile Crane (Truck Mounted), Tower Crane (Luffing Jib) and Tower Crane (Saddle Jib).
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
MOM registered crane operators
- State the legal requirements in lifting operation
- Explain safety precautions in crane operation
- Describe pre-operational checks on cranes and lifting gears
- Comply with safe work procedures
- Interpret load/capacity chart for cranes
- Legislation on Lifting Operation
- Safe Use of Mobile/Crawler Cranes
- Safe Use of Tower Cranes
- Safe Lifting Procedures
- Load/Capacity Chart for Cranes
Course Duration: 6 hours including 1 hour of assessment
Medium of Instruction: English.
Class Size: Maximum 40
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:40 for Lecture & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
1 hour (Section A: 20 MCQs – Pass Criteria: 60%, Section B: 5 MCQs on load chart interpretation – Pass Criteria: 100% (Note: The learner should choose the questions relating to the type(s) of crane which he is certified by MOM to operate.) The options available to the learner if he fails in the Section A, need to attend WESCO & test section A, if he fails in the Section B, need to test section B, if he fails in both, need to attend WESCO & test both).
Note: The assessment shall be carried out only during the first WESCO attendance. All subsequent WESCO attendance by the same learner shall constitute a refresher with updates only and no assessment/s.
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be issued to all trainees.
- 2 Kampong Kapor Rd, Little India, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966