Workplace Safety and Health Management in Construction Industry (WSHMCI) – Synchronized E-Learning
Previously Known as SUPERVISE CONSTRUCTION WORK FOR WSH – Synchronized E-Learning (SCW ) (Also known as Building Construction Supervisor Safety Course – BCSS)
This unit will be relevant to the Construction Site Supervisor, Clerk-of work, Foreman, Site engineer, WSH Coordinator, WSH Supervisor or individuals who undertake the role of a supervisor in the construction industry.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
- Learners are assumed to Possess Employability Skills (ES) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 4 and above, or equivalent.
- A laptop or PC is compulsory
- Learns should know basic computer typing knowledge as the exam will be conducted online.
The purpose of this Competency Unit is to enable the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor to acquire the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills to supervise WSH in the construction industry. This Competency Unit is designed to focus on building the competency of the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor in identifying the common hazards and risks in the workplace and taking appropriate control measures in supervising WSH in the construction industry.
- Importance of Workplace Safety and Health (WSH).
- Consequences of unsafe work practices and workplace conditions.
- Salient WSH legal and other requirements relevant to construction industry.
- WSH (Construction) Regulations.
- Overview of WSH management system.
- WSH duties and responsibilities of supervisor in the construction industry.
- Safety and health planning and organization.
- Risk management process.
- Typical construction activiti.es.
- Permit-to-work for high-risk construction works.
- Typical WSH hazards.
- WSH control measures.
- Methods for hazards identification.
- Types of organizational WSH inspections.
- Incident investigation and reporting.
32 hours including 4 hours of assessment (28 training hours + 4 hours of summative assessment)
Medium of Instruction: English & Mandarin
•Teaching through Online Platform (Zoom)
•The following blended learning methods are applied to maximize the learning outcome for classes conducted in english:
a) Online Webinar Class
b) Login to the Eversafe Academy e-learning platform and self-study from anyplace.
- Presentation slides
- Watch the video
- Forum discussion v. Identify hazards from given digital photo
- The software will select the topic randomly and the learner need to deliver the lecture on that topic
c) Project work on own workplace and submit project report (part of assessment)
Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s & free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- WSQ Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) qualification or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of training experience in WSH over the last 4 years
- At least 5 years of Workplace Safety and Health experience
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) qualification or equivalent
Key Person In charge : Monish V ( Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum class size: 25
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:25 for Lecture & Assessment
Maximum class size: 25
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance
Course Fee exclusive of GST:
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- Online Platform (Zoom )
Renewal Points for professionals