WORK AT HEIGHT COURSE FOR WORKERS
This course is for all workers who are required to work at heights. The participants will be taught the hazards and the safe work practices of working at heights.
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
- Applicant should have a basic knowledge of workplace processes, procedures, activities and practices.
- Applicant should be able to understand and communicate in language of instruction.
- Legal and Other requirements relevant to WAH
- Risk Assessment methods relevant to WAH Hazards
- Preventive measures relevant to Work At Height
- Fall Protection Equipment
- Fall Protection Plan
The aim of the course is to provide course participants with the requisite WAH knowledge so that they can perform their WAH activities properly and safely. At the end of the course, the participants shall be able to:
- Identify relevant Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) legislations / approved codes of practice / Singapore standards applicable to WAH and roles and responsibilities
- Identify WAH hazards and preventive measures related to WAH
- Demonstrate the understanding of use and care for the various fall arrest systems and equipment
Note: The participant who passes this course is deemed competent in Work at Heights only and this course does not replace other industry / trade specific safety training requirements. Examples of such industry / trade specific training requirements include the Construction Safety Orientation Course for workers and Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) Training.
Course Duration : 7.5 Hours including 1.5 Hours Assessment (1/2 hour Theory + 1 hour Practical)
Medium of Instruction: English, Tamil, Bengali and Mandarin
Class Size: Maximum class size: 20
- Theory Lesson: 1:20
- Practical Lesson: 1:10
- Theory Assessment: 1:20
- Practical Assessment: 1:1
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
30 minutes of closed book written assessment (20 MCQ) and 1 hour of practical assessment. The learner must pass BOTH assessments at 60% for the written assessment and 100% for the practical assessment.
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be issued to all participants.
- 3 Soon lee street, #04-16&17 Pioneer Junction, Singapore 627606 (Pioneer MRT)
- 2 Joo koon road, Singapore 628966 (Joo koon MRT)