SUPERVISION OF METAL SCAFFOLD ERECTION COURSE
Under the WSH Act 2006, (Scaffolds), it is mandatory for all persons who want to be a scaffold supervisor to undergo training approved by the Commissioner for Workplace Safety & Health from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
This course is suitable for all Metal Scaffold Erectors who want to be Metal Scaffold Supervisors
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
- Physically fit and above 18 years old
- Candidates must provide a copy of their scaffold erector’s certificate from any MOM Accredited Training Provider
Upon completion of the course, trainees will be able to identify and clearly explain the following:
- Material requirements for scaffolding
- Safety in erection and dismantling of scaffold including hazard identification and risk assessment
- The WSH Act 2006 (Scaffolds)
- Prepare and implement the scaffold inspection checklist
- Requirements, purposes and key points for consideration when selecting different types of scaffolds
The course comprises the following modules:
- Introduction to Scaffold Systems
- Scaffolding Materials & Parts
- Frame Scaffolding Requirements
- Birdcage Scaffolding Requirements
- Suspended Scaffolding Requirements
- Scaffolding regulations in Singapore
- Preparation & Formulation of inspection checklist
- Basic Risk Assessment on Scaffolding Safety
Course Duration: 75 hours, include 6 hours of assessment hours
Medium of Instruction: English.
Class Size :Maximum class size: 12
Theory Lesson = 1:12 max
Practical lesson= 1: 6 max
Theory Assessment = 1:12 max
Practical Assessment = 1:6 max (if exceeds 6 Learners, Assessor: Learner ratio is 2:12)
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
2 hours of written test (WT) comprising 30 multiple choice questions (MCQ), fill in the blanks, short/long questions and 4 hours of Practical Performance (PP). The passing mark for WT is 65% while for PP, learner will be assessed as Competent as C or Not yet Competent as NYC (100% to pass). The learner must pass BOTH parts of the Test in order to be issued with the certificate of successful completion and or safety pass/card. Failure to pass either of the tests shall render a “Fail” for WT and “Not Yet Competent” for PP outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and tests.
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be issued to all participants.
- 3 Soon lee street, #04-16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore 627606 (Pioneer MRT)
- 2 Joo koon road, Singapore 628966 (Joo koon MRT)