SUPERVISE WSH IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
This unit will be relevant to WSH Coordinator, SHE Coordinator, HSE Coordinator, EHS Coordinator, Safety Coordinator, WSH Supervisor or any supervisor who is assigned to oversee or supervise any work or process in the metal working or other manufacturing industry.
Assumed Skills & Knowledge
Learners are assumed to:
- Possess Employability Skills (ES) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN)Level 4 and above, or equivalent.
The purpose of this Competency Unit is to enable the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor to acquire the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills to supervise WSH in the manufacturing industry. This Competency Unit is designed to focus on building the competency of the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor in identifying the common hazards and risks in the workplace and taking appropriate control measures in supervising WSH in the manufacturing industry.
- Importance of Workplace Safety and Health (WSH)
- Consequences of unsafe work practices and workplace conditions
- Salient WSH legal and other requirements relevant to manufacturing industry
- Overview of WSH management system
- WSH duties and responsibilities of supervisor in the manufacturing industry
- Risk management process
- Typical hazards in manufacturing industry
- Methods for hazard identification
- WSH control measures
- 5S housekeeping
- Types of organisational WSH inspections
- WSH training and promotional programmes
- Incident investigation and reporting
- Permit-to-work (PTW)
Course Duration: 32 hours (29 training hours + 3 hours assessment).
Medium of Instruction: English & Mandarin.
Class Size: Maximum class size: 25
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:25 for Lecture & Assessment
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance
There will be 2hrs of written assessment (MCQ) and 1hr of role play & case study at the end of the course.
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 8, Veerasamy Road, Singapore-207316
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966