SUPERVISE TUNNELLING WORK FOR WSH (STW)
It is a mandatory for individuals who are assigned to undertake the role of supervising deep excavation and tunnelling construction works.
Learners must have completed the Building Construction Supervisor Safety Course (BCSS) or the WSQ module, WP02-PR-303E-1: Supervise Construction Work for WSH.
Assumed Skills & Knowledge
Possess Employability Skills (ES) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 4 and above, or equivalent.
The purpose of this Competency Unit is to enable the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor to acquire the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills to supervise WSH in tunnelling construction. This Competency Unit is designed to focus on building the competency of the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor in identifying the common hazards and risks in the workplace and taking appropriate control measures in supervising WSH in tunnelling construction.
- WSH legal and other requirements relevant to deep excavation a tunnelling works
- WSH hazards associated with deep excavation and tunnelling works
- Unsafe work conditions and practices
- Safety planning and organization for deep excavation and tunnel Works
- Gaps in the existing control measures
- Appropriate corrective actions and preventive actions
- Health considerations in deep excavation and tunnelling works
- Types and characteristics of Decompression Illnesses (DCI)
- Evacuation and rescue procedures
- Communication system in deep excavation and tunnelling works
24 hours including 3 hours of assessment
Medium of Instruction
English & Mandarin
Maximum class size: 25
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:25
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance
3 hours of assessment includes submission of written assignment & written test & case study.
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- 8 Veerasamy Road, Singapore 207316
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-16&17, Pioneer Junction S627606
- 2 Joo Koon Road, Singapore 628966
Renewal Points for professionals
SDU Points: 24