SUPERVISE CONSTRUCTION WORK FOR WSH (SCW) – Blended
This unit will be relevant to Construction Site Supervisor, Clerk-of-work, Foreman, Site engineer, WSH Coordinator, WSH Supervisor or individuals who undertake the role of a supervisor in the construction industry.
Assumed skills and knowledge:
Learners are assumed to:
- Possess Employability Skills (ES) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 4 and above, or equivalent
The purpose of this Competency Unit is to enable the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor to acquire the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills to supervise WSH in the construction industry. This Competency Unit is designed to focus on building the competency of the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor in identifying the common hazards and risks in the workplace and taking appropriate control measures in supervising WSH in the construction industry.
- Importance of Workplace Safety and Health (WSH)
- Consequences of unsafe work practices and workplace conditions
- Salient WSH legal and other requirements relevant to construction industry
- WSH (Construction) Regulations
- Overview of WSH management system
- WSH duties and responsibilities of supervisor in the construction industry
- Safety and health planning and organization
- Risk management process
- Typical construction activities
- Permit-to-work for high-risk construction works
- Typical WSH hazards
- WSH control measures
- Methods for hazards identification
- Types of organizational WSH inspections
- Incident investigation and reporting
32 hours including 4 hours of assessment (28 training hours + 4 hours of summative assessment)
Medium of Instruction: English & Mandarin.
Class Size: Maximum class size: 25
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:25 for Lecture & Assessment
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance
Assessment Advice: Competent or not yet competent
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- 8 Veerasamy Road, Singapore 207316
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-16&17, Pioneer Junction S627606
2 Joo Koon Road, Singapore 628966