Shipyard Safety Instruction Course (Hot Work) – SSIC(HW)
This course is designed for all workers working in the shipbuilding and ship repairing industry
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement:
The learner must have completed and passed the Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (General Trade) to be eligible to attend this course.
- Introduction to Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (Hot-Work Trade)
- Know the different types of Hot-work
- Know the characteristics of flammable substances
- Understand how vapours/ gases can accumulate in confined spaces
- Understand how fires/ explosions are caused
- Understand case studies on two shipyard fire and explosion accidents
- Know and take safety measures for preventing fire/ explosions
- Introduction to Shipyard Safety Instruction Course
- Types of Hot-work
- Characteristics of flammable substances
- How vapours/gases can accumulate in confined spaces
- How fires/explosions are caused
- Case studies on two shipyard fire and explosion accidents
- Safety measures for preventing fires/explosions
- Hours including 10 min of Assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English.
Class Size: Maximum class size: 40
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:40 for Lecturer & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
10 MCQ Assessment in 10 minutes and it is a closed book assessment. The passing mark for the written assessment is 60%. Failure to pass the assessment shall render a “Fail” outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and assessment.
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be issued to all trainee.
- E- Cert Available
- 8, Veerasamy Road, Singapore-207316
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Course Fee exclusive of GST: S$28.04
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available