SHIPYARD SAFETY INSTRUCTION COURSE (PAINTER TRADE) – SSIC-PT
This course is designed for all workers working in the shipbuilding
and ship repairing industry.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
The learner must have completed and passed the Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (General Trade) to be eligible to attend this course..
- Introduction to Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (Painters Trade).
- Understand fire and explosion hazards & safety measures.
- Understand airless spraying hazards and safety measures.
- Understand health hazards and preventive measures.
- Know the proper usage of Personal protective equipment.
- Understand safe storage of paints and solvents on board vessels.
- Know Vessel Safety Coordination Committee (VSCC) Meetings.
- Understand Permit-to-work system – Application for a painting permit.
- Know Worker’s safety checklist for painting works.
- Introduction to Shipyard Safety Instruction Course (Painters Trade).
- Fire and explosion hazards & safety measures.
- Airless spraying hazards and safety measures.
- Health hazards and preventive measures.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Safe storage of paints and solvents on board vessels.
- Vessel Safety Coordination Committee (VSCC) Meetings.
- Permit-to-work system – Application for a painting permit.
- Worker’s safety checklist for painting works.
Course Duration: 2.5 hours including 10 minutes of Assessment
Medium of Instruction: English, Mandarin, Tamil ,Bengali
Teaching Methodology: Face to Face class room teaching
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s and free wi-fi .
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- A Facilitator and assessor of this course should possess the following:
- Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience as a supervisor / foreman /safety personnel in the marine industry
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) or Diploma in Adult Continuing Education (DACE)
Key Person In charge: Monish V (Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum 40
1:40 for Theory & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
10 MCQ assessment in 10 minutes and it is a closed book assessment. The passing mark for the written assessment is 60%.. Failure to pass the assessments shall render a “Fail” outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and assessments.
Course Fee exclusive of GST
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Safety Pass endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- 2 Kampong Kapor Rd, Little India, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals