SHIPYARD SAFETY INSTRUCTION COURSE (PAINTER TRADE)
This course is designed for all workers working in the shipbuilding and ship repairing industry
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
The learner must have completed and passed the Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (General Trade) to be eligible to attend this course.
• Introduction to Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (Painters Trade)
• Understand fire and explosion hazards & safety measures
• Understand airless spraying hazards and safety measures
• Understand health hazards and preventive measures
• Know the proper usage of Personal protective equipment
• Understand safe storage of paints and solvents on board vessels
• Know Vessel Safety Coordination Committee (VSCC) Meetings
• Understand Permit-to-work system – Application for a painting permit
• Know Worker’s safety checklist for painting works.
• Introduction to Shipyard Safety Instruction Course (Painters Trade)
• Fire and explosion hazards & safety measures
• Airless spraying hazards and safety measures
• Health hazards and preventive measures
• Personal protective equipment
• Safe storage of paints and solvents on board vessels
• Vessel Safety Coordination Committee (VSCC) Meetings
• Permit-to-work system – Application for a painting permit
• Worker’s safety checklist for painting works
Course Duration: 2.5 hours including 10 minutes of Assessment
Medium of Instruction: English.
Class Size: Maximum 40
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:40 for Lecture & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
10 MCQ assessment in 10 minutes and it is a closed book assessment. The passing mark for the written assessment is 60%.. Failure to pass the assessments shall render a “Fail” outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and assessments.
A certificate of successful completion or safety pass/card shall be issued to each learner who passes the assessment, by the LSP.
• No.8, Veerasamy Road, Singapore-207316
• 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
• 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966