SAFETY INSTRUCTION COURSE FOR SHIP-REPAIR MANAGERS
WSH (Shipbuilding and Ship-Repairing) Regulations 2008 Reg. 7 (2) stipulates that “no person shall be appointed as a ship repair manager unless he has received adequate safety and health training to ensure that he is able to co-ordinate safely all activities relating to the construction or repair of the ship”.
The SICSM is a mandatory training course for individuals who are assigned to be project engineers and project managers for the marine industry.
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
- ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 5 and above
- Must be holding the position of Manager, Ship repair Manager, Project Engineer, Superintendent or equivalent post to be eligible to attend this course
- Apply legislations, Singapore Standards & Code of Practices relevant to the area of work of ship repair managers.
- Formulate roles and responsibilities for shipbuilding and ship repair managers as well as other shipyard safety personnel.
- Evaluate job safety analysis for shipbuilding/ship repair.
- Draw a risk assessment matrix for shipbuilding/ship repair.
- Exercise operational control over shipbuilding and ship repair.
- Implement the elements of the safety and health management system for shipbuilding/ship repair.
- Lead and direct a safety and health audit and review for shipbuilding/ship repair.
- Legislations, Singapore Standards & Codes of Practices relevant to the area of work of ship repair managers
- Roles and Responsibilities for a Ship Repair Manager
- Job Safety Analysis
- Risk Management
- Operational control
- Safety and Health Management System for Ship Building/Ship Repair
- Audit and Review
Course Duration: 32 hours including 4 hours of assessment
Medium of Instruction: English.
Class Size: Maximum 20
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:20 for Lecture & Assessment
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance
4 hours (2 hours for Written Test and 2 hours for skilled based assessment) of closed book assessment at the end of the course. The learner must pass BOTH assessments at 75% for each assessment in order to pass the assessment. Failure to pass either of the assessments shall render a “Fail” outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and assessments.
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd., will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 8, Veerasamy Road, Singapore-207316
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966