PERFORM METAL SCAFFOLD ERECTION (PMSE)-Blended
(Previously known as Metal Scaffold Erection Course-MSEC)
Under the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) 2006 Act, all persons who perform metal scaffold erection in the building and construction industry must take the metal scaffold erector course and be certified to ensure safety on the job.
This course is designed for all workers working in the construction and related industry.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
- Physically fit and above 18 years of age.
- Comprehend the language in which the course is conducted.
Note: All trainees are required to attend the practical lessons in appropriate footwear.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to erect and dismantle metal scaffolds in accordance with the legislative guideline and statutory requirement.
The course comprises of the following modules:
- Introduction to Metal Scaffolding
- Introduction to Ties and Braces
- Introduction to Static and Mobile Towers
- Erection and Dismantling of Scaffolds
Course Duration: 38 hours, include 8 hours of assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English, Mandarin, Tamil & Bengali
- Face to Face class room teaching
- The following blended learning methods are applied to maximize the learning outcome for the course:
- Login to the Eversafe Academy e-learning platform and self-study from anyplace –
- Safety Signage
- MCQ for self-assessment
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s & free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health 6.1.2 At least 5 years of relevant industry experience as a supervisor / foreman / safety personnel, of which:
- At least 1 year of experience in scaffold erection/supervision work for those with Diploma in Construction/Building related course.
- At least 3 years of experience in scaffold erection/supervision work for those without Diploma in Construction/Building related course.
2. Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) or Diploma in Adult Continuing Education (DACE)
3. Certificate in Supervision of Metal Scaffold Erection Course
Key Person In charge : Monish V ( Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum class size: 18
Theory Lesson = 1:18 max
Practical lesson= 1: 12 max
Theory Assessment = 1:18 max
Practical Assessment = 1:12 max
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
1 hour of written test (WT) comprising 30 multiple choice questions (MCQ) and 7 hours of Practical Performance (PP). The passing mark for WT is 60% while for PP, learner will be assessed as Competent as C or Not yet Competent as NYC (100% to pass). The learner must pass BOTH parts of the Test in order to be issued with the certificate of successful completion and or safety pass/card. Failure to pass either of the tests shall render a “Fail” for WT and “Not Yet Competent” for PP outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and tests.
Course Fee exclusive of GST:
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
Visit www.eversafe.com.sg for more details
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals