OCCUPATIONAL FIRST AID COURSE (OFAC)
Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulations (Cap. 354A, Rg 4) Reg. 5 stipulates that “every person appointed as a first-aider shall (a) have successfully completed a training course acceptable to the Commissioner and (b) undergo such subsequent re-training in first-aid treatment as the Commissioner may require”.
Any individuals with interest in first aid or has been assigned a WSH-related
role in the company. Must be physically fit and able to render help to another individual during an emergency.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 5 and above.
By the end of the course, the participants will have the relevant knowledge
and application skills in demonstrating first aid/CPR skills to apply them in
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of First Aider.
- List the legal requirements under Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulations 2006 Reg. 5 (2) for the workplace.
- Check and pack contents of First Aid Box.
- Apply first aid to accident victims in the workplace.
- Manage a medical emergency at the workplace.
- Manage victims of hazardous chemicals exposure.
- Identify common workplace accidents requiring first aid treatment.
Course Duration: 23.5 hours including 2.40 hours of assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English
- Face to face class room teaching.
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s & free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
An instructor and assessor for this course will possess the following:
- For Safety & Health topics: Registered WSH Officer
- For First aid topics:
- Qualified first aid instructor
- NRC accredited Chief Instructor and instructors.
- Registered Nurse
- 1.3 Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
Key Person In charge : Monish V ( Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum class size: 18
Course Attendance: 75% attendance for entire course, CPR + AED must achieve 100% attendance.
- Written exam duration: 40 mins (Minimum of 40 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) – 20 : OFA – 10 : CPR – 10 :AED)
- Practical Exam Duration: 20 mins per participant ((Bandaging, CPR+AED & case scenarios)
- Passing rate for OFA MCQs = 70% Passing rate for CPR + AED MCQs = 80% * If fail in CPR – AED considered as fail in whole examination and need to retake whole course. If fail theory examination or bandaging practical, need only to retake theory exam or bandaging practical.
Course Fee exclusive of GST:
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee
- E-cert available
- 2 Kampong Kapor Rd, Little India, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals
SDU Points : 23
CPD Points: 12 – Will be awarded to Safety Managers who successfully complete the course