OCCUPATIONAL FIRST AID COURSE
Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulations (Cap. 354A, Rg 4) Reg. 5 stipulates that “every person appointed as a first-aider shall (a) have successfully completed a training course acceptable to the Commissioner; and (b) undergo such subsequent re-training in first-aid treatment as the Commissioner may require”.
Any individuals with interest in first aid or has been assigned a WSH-related role in the company. Must be physically fit and able to render help to another individual during an emergency.
Assumed Skills & Knowledge
ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 5 and above.
By the end of the course, the participants will have the relevant knowledge and application skills in demonstrating first aid/CPR skills to apply them in their workplace.
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of First Aider
- List the legal requirements under Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulations 2006 Reg. 5 (2) for the workplace
- Check and pack contents of First Aid Box
- Apply first aid to accident victims in the workplace
- Manage a medical emergency at the workplace
- Manage victims of hazardous chemicals exposure
- Identify common workplace accidents requiring first aid treatment
23.5 hours including 2.40 hours of assessment
Medium of Instruction: English.
Maximum class size: 18
Practice on Manikin: 1:6
Course Attendance: 75% attendance for entire course, CPR + AED must achieve 100% attendance.
Written exam duration: 40 mins (Minimum of 40 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) – 20 : OFA – 10 : CPR – 10 : AED)
Practical Exam Duration: 20 mins per participant ((Bandaging, CPR+AED & case scenarios)
Passing rate for OFA MCQs = 70% Passing rate for CPR + AED MCQs = 80% * If fail in CPR – AED considered as fail in whole examination and need to retake whole course. If fail theory examination or bandaging practical, need only to retake theory exam or bandaging practical.
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Ever Safe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be issued to all participants.
- 8, Veerasamy Road, Singapore-207316
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966