MARINE METAL SCAFFOLDING COURSE FOR SUPERVISORS
This course is designed for supervisors working in the marine related industry.
- SEC Level 1 or equivalent or above
- Successful completion of MMSCS
To provide Marine Scaffold Supervisors with knowledge and skills to design and plan marine metal scaffolds work, supervise erection, alteration and dismantling of scaffolds as well as to carry out inspection and certification of marine metal scaffolds
- Introduction to Marine Metal Scaffolding
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Marine Metal Supervisor
- Composition of Scaffold
- Scaffolding system; details, types and uses of scaffolds
- Handling of scaffold materials
- Ship structures – names and parts
- WSH (Scaffolds) Regulations 2011, WSH (Work-At-Height)
- Regulations 2014, WSH (Work-At-Height) Regulations Amendment 2014, CP14:1996, CP20:1999
- Stability, centre of gravity and loading of scaffolds
- Drawings/sketches of various types of scaffolds
- Erecting hanging scaffolds – procedures, methods, anchoring points, safety precautions
- General guidelines to alter, modify, add, inspect, assessment of scaffold
- Developing scaffold checklist
- Scaffolding safety
40 hours including 8 hours of assessment
Medium of Instruction: English.
Class Size: Maximum class size: 18
- Theory Lesson = 1:18 max
- Practical lesson= 1: 9 max
- Theory Assessment = 1:18 max
- Practical Assessment = 1:9 max (if exceed 9 learners, Assessor: Learner ratio is 2: 18)
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
1.5 hours of written test (WT) 6.5 hours of Practical Performance (PP). The passing mark for WT is 65% while for PP, learner will be assessed as Competent as C or Not yet Competent as NYC (100% to pass). The learner must pass BOTH parts of the Test in order to be issued with the certificate of successful completion and or safety pass/card. Failure to pass either of the tests shall render a “Fail” for WT and “Not Yet Competent” for PP outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and tests.
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd., will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
No 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore – 628966