MARINE METAL SCAFFOLDING COURSE FOR SCAFFOLDERS
This course is designed and relevant to workers in the marine industry.
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
- Able to read, write & speak in the language the course is conducted
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents or Holders of Valid Work Permits
- Medically fit
To train workers in erection, alteration and dismantling of various types of marine metal scaffolds used in the marine industry.
- Introduction to Marine Metal Scaffolding
- Purpose of a Scaffold
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Marine Metal Scaffolder
- Various types or Marine Metal Scaffolds and their uses
- Definitions and Terms used in Scaffolding
- Common Hand Tools, Equipment and Materials – Use and Care
- Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Scaffolding Materials
- Use of correct tools for tightening Couplers, Planks, Tubes and Pipes
- Precautions working in confined spaces and at height
- Interpretation of Marine Metal Scaffolding Working Drawings
Course Duration: 48 hours including 6 hours of assessment
Medium of Instruction: English.
Class Size: Maximum class size: 18
- Theory Lesson = 1:18 max
- Practical lesson= 1:18 max
- Theory Assessment = 1:18 max
- Practical Assessment = 18 max (if exceeds 12 learners, facilitator: learner ratio is 2 : 12)
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
1 hour of written test (WT) comprising 30 multiple choice questions (MCQ) and 5 hours of Practical Performance (PP). The passing mark for WT is 60% while for PP, learner will be assessed as Competent as C or Not yet Competent as NYC (100% to pass). The learner must pass BOTH parts of the Test in order to be issued with the certificate of successful completion and or safety pass/card. Failure to pass either of the tests shall render a “Fail” for WT and “Not Yet Competent” for PP outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and tests.
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd., will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966