Managing Work -At-Heights course
Effective 1st May 2014 under the permit to work system in work place safety and health (work at heights) (Amendment) Regulations2014; a trained and qualified manager is required to approve PTWs for hazardous work at height.
This course has been designed to meet the minimum standard for Working at
Height Training for Supervisors, Assessors or Managers in Singapore.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
- WSQ Employability Skills System (ESS) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 4 and above or equivalent.
- Ability to carry out hazards identification, risk assessment, and risk control measures.
The aim of the course is to provide Learners with the requisite WAH knowledge to manage
work-at-height activities, so that work can be carried out safely.
- Legal Requirements, Approved Code of Practice, and Standards for WAH.
- Roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders.
- Risk Assessment.
- Fall Control measures.
- Fall prevention plan.
- WAH Implementation and Monitoring Programme.
- Individual Fall Protection equipment and First line Response in emergency.
- Written Assessment.
- Practical Performance.
Course Duration: 20.5 hours including 5 hours of assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English
Teaching Methodology: Face to Face class room teaching.
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s and free wi-fi .
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health
- Attended and passed the MOM accredited Work-At-Heights (WAH) Train-The-Trainer course
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
- 3 or more years of working experience as Project Manager /Operations Manager or equivalent
- 3 or more years of relevant Work-at-Height experience
Key Person In charge: Monish V (Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum 20
1:20 for Theory & 1:10 for Practical
Course Attendance: 100% attendance.
2 hours of open book written assessment (35 Multiple Choice Questions (2 marks each) & Choose 2 out of 5 scenario based Question (15 marks each)). 3 hours of practical assessment. The learner must pass BOTH assessment at 70% for the written and 100% for the practical assessment.
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd., will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals
SDU Points : 21