MANAGE WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH IN SHIPBUILDING AND SHIP REPAIR (MWSHSSR) – Blended
(Previously known as Safety Instruction Course For Ship-Repair Managers-(SICSM)
WSH (Shipbuilding and Ship-Repairing) Regulations 2008 Reg. 7 (2) stipulates that “no person shall be appointed as a ship repair manager unless he has received adequate safety and health training to ensure that he is able to co-ordinate safely all activities relating to the construction or repair of the ship”.
The MWSHSSR is a mandatory training course for individuals who are assigned to be project engineers and project managers for the marine industry.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
- ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 5 and above
- Must be holding the position of Manager, Ship repair Manager, Project Engineer, Superintendent or equivalent post to be eligible to attend this course.
- Apply legislations, Singapore Standards & Code of Practices relevant to the area of work of ship repair managers.
- Formulate roles and responsibilities for shipbuilding and ship repair managers as well as other shipyard safety personnel.
- Evaluate job safety analysis for shipbuilding/ship repair.
- Draw a risk assessment matrix for shipbuilding/ship repair.
- Exercise operational control over shipbuilding and ship repair.
- Implement the elements of the safety and health management system for shipbuilding/- ship repair.
- Lead and direct a safety and health audit and review for shipbuilding/ship repair.
- Legislations, Singapore Standards & Codes of Practices relevant to the area of work of ship repair managers.
- Roles and Responsibilities for a Ship Repair Manager.
- Job Safety Analysis.
- Risk Management.
- Operational control.
- Safety and Health.
Course Duration: 32 hours including 4 hours of assessment
Medium of Instruction: English.
- Face to Face class room teaching.
- The following blended learning methods are applied to maximize the learning outcome of the class:
- Login to the Eversafe Academy e-learning platform and self-study from anyplace.
- Presentation slides
> Watch the video
> Forum discussion
> Software will select the topic randomly and learner need to deliver the lecture on that topic
- Project work (part of assessment)
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s and free wi-fi .
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- Registered WSH Officer or OSH practitioner with at least 3 years working experience in the marine industry; and
- Possess at least a relevant and recognized diploma or equivalent; and
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
- Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety & Health
Key Person In charge: Monish V (Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum 20
1:20 for Lecture & Assessment
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance
4 hours (2 hours for Written Test and 2 hours for skilled based assessment) of closed book assessment at the end of the course. The learner must pass BOTH assessments at 75% for each assessment in order to pass the assessment. Failure to pass either of the assessments shall render a “Fail” outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and assessments
Course Fee exclusive of GST
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- No.8, Veerasamy Road, Singapore-207316
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals
- SDU Points: 32