LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT SAFETY ORIENTATION COURSE (LTSOC)
The Workplace Safety and Health – Section 12, Clause 3 – (e) stipulates that “It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure that those persons at work have adequate instruction, information, training and supervision as is necessary for them to perform their work.”
The LTSOC is designed for all workers carrying out manual work in the logistics
and the transport industry.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
Comprehend in the language in which the course is conducted
- Understand legal obligations in workplace safety and health.
- Identify hazards in logistics and transport industry.
- Recognize all types of industrial safety signs.
- Competent in wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Take safety precautions when working with different hazards.
- Respond in case of fire or emergency.
- Legal Obligation.
- Fire and Explosion Hazards.
- Preventive Measures for Specialised Operations.
- Preventive Measures for Material Handling.
- Preventive Measures for Mechanical and Electrical Works.
- Personal Protective Equipment’s.
Course Duration 8.5 hours including 1 hour of assessment
Medium of Instruction: English
Teaching Methodology: Face to Face class room teaching
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed classrooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with whiteboards; audio/video equipments and free wi-fi.
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health,
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience as a supervisor /foreman/safety personnel in the logistics and transport industry,
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) or Diploma in Adult Continuing Education (DACE),
Key Person In-charge: Monish V (Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum 40
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:40 for Lecture & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
1 hour (40 multiple choice question) of closed book assessment at the end of the course.
The passing mark for the written assessment is 60%. Failure to pass the assessments shall render a “Fail” outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and assessments.
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd., will be awarded to the trainee.
- No.8, Veerasamy Road, Singapore-207316
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966