EXPLOSIVE POWERED TOOLS OPERATORS’ COURSE (EPTO)
WSH (Explosive Powered Tools) Regulations 2009 reg. 2 states that:“Operator” means a person who uses a tool and who has successfully completed training course acceptable to the commissioner on the operation of that tool.
This course is designed for all workers dealing with explosive powered tools in any forms of engineering works for building & construction and renovation industries.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy Level 3
- Learners must not be visually handicapped which includes color blindness.
- State the safety requirements of the WSH (Explosive Powered Tools) Regulations 2009
- Identify the principle parts of an explosive powered tool
- Carry out a pre-operations safety check
- Select the correct type of charges/fasteners for various types of base materials
- Operate explosive powered tool safely
- Load and unload the cartridge
- Execute a troubleshooting procedure
- Clean, maintain and store the equipment after use
- Duties and responsibilities of an Explosive Powered Tools Operator
- Fundamental of explosive power tools
- Fastening System and its application
- Operational Safety
- Workshop Practice
Course Duration: 8 hours including 1 hour of assessment
Medium of Instruction: English
Teaching Methodology: Face to Face class room teaching
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s and free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- Advanced Certificate in WSH
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) qualification or Diploma in Adult Continuing Education (DACE), and
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience with exposure to explosive powered tools activities whereby at least one year experience on the use and trouble-shooting of such tools
- Explosive Powered Tool Operator Certificate
Key Person In charge: Monish V (Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum 25
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:25 for Theory and written exam & 1:1 for Practical Performance
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
1 hour test comprising Written Test (WT) comprising multiple choice questions (MCQ) and Practical Performance (PP). The passing mark for WT is 60% while for PP, learner will be assessed as Competent as C or Not yet Competent as NYC (100% to pass). The learner must pass BOTH parts of the Test in order to be issued with the certificate of successful completion and or safety pass/card.
Failure to pass either of the tests shall render a “Fail” for WT and “Not Yet Competent” for PP outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and tests.
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd., will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals