ERECT METAL SCAFFOLD IN MARINE INDUSTRY (EMSMI) – Blended
(Previously Known as Marine Metal Scaffolding Course For Scaffolders (MMSCS)
This course is designed and relevant to workers in the marine
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
- Able to read, write & speak in the language the course is conducted.
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents or Holders of Valid Work Permits.
- Medically fit.
To train workers in erection, alteration and dismantling of various types of marine metal scaffolds used in the marine industry.
- Introduction to types of marine metal scaffold systems and their characteristics
- Tools, equipment and materials used in marine metal scaffolds
- Personal protective equipment and its uses
- Scaffolding materials.
- Tie-backs and Bracing
- Marine Metal Scaffolding Working Drawings
- Safety Rules in erecting and dismantling scaffolds inclusive of precautions to be taken while working in confined space and at heights
- Hazards Identification
- Factors affecting safety of marine metal scaffold structures
- Outriggers requirements
- Hanging Scaffold – Characteristics and types
- Maintaining and altering scaffolds
- Scaffold checklist
Course Duration: 48 hours including 6 hours of assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English.
- Face to Face class room teaching
- The following blended learning methods are applied to maximize the learning outcome for the course:
- Login to the Eversafe Academy e-learning platform and self-study from anyplace –
- Safety Signage
- MCQ for self-assessment
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s and free wi-fi .
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health
- At least 5 years of working experience as a supervisor/foreman/safety personnel in the construction industry
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
- Supervision of Metal Scaffold Erection course OR Marine Metal Scaffolding Course for Supervisor certification
- Metal Scaffold Erection Course OR Marine Metal Scaffolding Course for Scaffolders
- For those with recognised technical diploma in Construction/ Building engineering, they must have at least 1 year experience in scaffold erection related work
- or those without a recognised technical diploma in Construction/ Building engineering, they must have at least 3 years’ experience in scaffold erection related work
Key Person In charge: Monish V (Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum 18
- Theory Lesson = 1:18 max
- Practical lesson= 1:18 max
- Theory Assessment = 1:18 max
- Practical Assessment = 18 max (if exceeds 12 learners, facilitator: learner ratio is 2 : 12)
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
1 hour of written test (WT) comprising 30 multiple choice questions (MCQ) and 5 hours of
Practical Performance (PP). The passing mark for WT is 60% while for PP, learner will be
assessed as Competent as C or Not yet Competent as NYC (100% to pass). The learner
must pass BOTH parts of the Test in order to be issued with the certificate of successful
completion and or safety pass/card. Failure to pass either of the tests shall render a “Fail”
for WT and “Not Yet Competent” for PP outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt
the course and tests.
Course Fee exclusive of GST
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
Visit www.eversafe.com.sg for more details
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals
SDU Points: 34
PDU Points: 28