DIPLOMA IN QUANTITY SURVEYING (DQS)
The course is targeted to the candidates those who wish to work in the quantity surveying works at pre and post contract stage. For those already involved in quantity surveying and civil engineering works may perform effectively and excel by applying the acquired knowledge.
- Minimum ‘O’ Level or equivalent qualifications, including English and any 2 Science subjects (or)
- International secondary level qualifications with English, Mathematics and Science (or)
- Mature-aged students with more than 3 years of relevant working experience will be considered (or)
- Other Candidates with industry experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis
The Diploma in Quantity Surveying programme covers the basic knowledge and skills that quantity surveyors must possess in order to effectively execute the quantity surveying scope of works. The aim of this course is to educate the learners with quantity surveying and contract administration environment and effect to the individual and nation. This programme covers range of portion that enables learners to acquire essential qualities of quantity surveyor, contract administrator, skills and techniques.
The programme is developed in such a way that learners will explore the knowledge on the Estimation, Costing, Variation, Extension of Time, Contractual Claims and Contract Administration works.
• Measurement of Quantities and Estimation I
• Measurement of Quantities and Estimation II
• Analysis of Rates and Tendering
• Cost Planning and Cost Control
• Administration of Contracts
• Variation, Extension of Time, Contractual Claims and Payments
• Construction Contract and Applicable Law
• Disputes and Dispute Resolution
Course Duration: 334 Hours (1 Year)
Medium of Instruction: English
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed classrooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with whiteboards; audio/video equipment’s and free wi-fi
Qualification & Experience of facilitators:
1. Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying/Civil Engineering or Master Degree in Quantity Surveying/Civil Engineering
2. At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the field of Quantity Surveying
Class Size: 25
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:25 for Theory Lesson & Assessment
Minimum Attendance requirement: 75% attendance
Passing Mark : Minimum 50 %
Course Fee: S$ 3200
Funding & Claims: NA
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte.Ltd. will be issued to all participants.
- 3 Soon Lee Street,#04-14,16,17,Pioneer Junction, Singapore – 627606
Renewal Points: NA