DEVELOP A RISK MANAGEMENT IMPLEMENTATION PLAN (DRMIP)
The new Workplace Safety & Health Act came into force on 1st March 2006. The Act intends to reduce risk at source by requiring all stakeholders to eliminate or minimise the risk they create at the workplace and to in still greater industry ownership of occupational safety and health standards.
Under the Workplace Safety & Health (Risk Management) Regulations (w.e.f. 1st September 2006), workplaces are required to conduct risk assessments to identify sources of risks and to eliminate or minimise risks posed to any person.
Top Management, EHS personnel, Line Supervisors, Team Leaders who are tasked with the responsibilities to lead and/or manage the risk of a workplace.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 5 under Employability Skills System (ESS) or equivalent.
On completion of this course, learners will acquire the knowledge and skills to be a Risk Management Champion for the organisation in reducing risks at source by managing the risk management process at workplace and for recognition of bizSAFE level 2 by Workplace Safety and Health Council. It involves developing a practical risk management implementation plan for the organisation which identify specific actions to be taken, by whom and time for their completion. It also entails formation of risk management team, risk assessment; controlling and monitoring the risks, communicating these risks to all persons involved and in compliance with the Risk Management Code of Practice (RMCP) explains the 14 elements of WSH Management System and key features of SS506 and OHSAS18001
- Risk Management Concepts
- Regulations and Code of Practice for Risk Management
- Hazard identification process
- Risk evaluation methods and procedures
- Risk control measures
- ALARP concept
- Implementation of control measures
- Effectiveness of Control Measures
- Risk Communication
- Developing Workplace Risk Management Plan
- Case studies related to hazardous construction activities
Course Duration: 15 Hours + 1 Hour assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English
Teaching Methodology: Face to Face class room teaching
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s and free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
- WSQ Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) or equivalent.
- Registered WSHO with MOM or WSH domain subject matter expert.
- 5 years of relevant industry experience at supervisory or managerial level
Key Person In charge: Monish V (Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum 20
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:20 for Theory Lesson & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
Written exam / Oral Questioning / Group Activity
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- No.8, Veerasamy Road, Singapore-207316
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals