CONSTRUCTION SAFETY COURSE FOR PROJECT MANAGERS (CSCPM)
Factories (Safety Training Courses) Order 2001 stipulates that “any person who is appointed as a Project Manager to be in charge of all construction activities in building and engineering construction worksites of a contract sum of $10 million or more shall attend the Construction Safety Course for Project Managers before undertaking such project”.
The course would be appropriate for individuals with job titles such as: project managers, project directors, construction managers, project engineers in the construction industry.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
- Knowledge of the construction industry activities.
- ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 6 and above or equivalence (refer to www.wda.gov.sg).
- Must be holding the position of Chairman of Safety Committee, Project Manager, Project Engineer, Superintendent or equivalent post to be eligible to attend this course.
- Understand the legal obligations of duty holders, including a project manager of a
worksite, under the new WSH framework.
- Perform the role and duty as Chairman of WSH Committee.
- Plan and implement safety programme for construction activities including working at height, mechanical and electrical works, material handling, scaffolding and excavation.
- Plan and implement an occupational health programme for construction activities.
- Plan and implement risk management programme for all construction activities.
- Establish the procedures for incident reporting and accident investigation.
- Establish and implement Safety and Health Management System in worksite.
- Plan and participate safety and health audit and review in worksite.
- Understanding Workplace Safety and Health legislations.
- WSH (WSH Committees) Regulations 2008.
- WSH (Construction) Regulations.
- General Worksite Safety.
- Mechanical Material Handling and Scaffold.
- Excavation, Tunnelling Work and Compressed Air Environment.
- Occupational Health.
- An Overview of Risk Management.
Course Duration: 34 hours including 4 hours of assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English
Teaching Methodology: Face to Face class room teaching
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s and free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- At least 5 years relevant working experience; and
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) qualification
- Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety & Health
Key Person In charge: Monish V (Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum 20
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:20 for Theory Lesson & Assessment
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance
4 hour of written assessment, comprises of at least 2 Short Answer Questions, 2 Essay Questions, and 1 Case study question. The passing mark is 75%.
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd., will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- No.8, Veerasamy Road, Singapore-207316
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals
- SDU Points: 34
- PDU Points : 28