APPLY WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH IN PROCESS PLANT
Apply Workplace Safety Under the Factories (Safety Training Courses) Order 2001 which came into effect in June 2001, all workers, including Singaporeans, must undergo particular-related mandatory courses before they work on field.
Previously known as Oil and Petrochemical Safety Orientation Course (OPSOC). This course is mandatory to all personnel who are working in the Oil and Petrochemical plants (in particular, Jurong Island) in Singapore.
Assumed Skills & Knowledge
Learners will be able to manipulate numbers, listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) Level 2.
To induct employees on the safety regulations, hazards and responsibilities within the Oil and Petrochemical Industry and highlight the precautions that must be adhered to maintain a safe work environment.
- Understand legal obligations to Apply Workplace Safety and Health.
- Identify hazards in oil and petrol chemical plant and other sites within the premises.
- Recognize all types of industrial safety signs.
- Apply for safety permit prior to hot work.
- Put on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Take safety precautions when working with different hazards.
- Respond in case of fire or emergency.
9 hours including 1 hour assessment.
Medium of Instruction
Tamil, English, Bengali & Mandarin
Maximum class size: 20
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:20 for Lecture & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
Assessment Advice: Competent or not yet competent
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966