APPLY WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH IN METAL WORK (AMW)
WSQ “Apply Workplace Safety and Health in Metal Work” is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers working in metal working. Metal working workers are required to go through the course before they start work. The Workplace Safety and Health (Factories, Safety Training Courses order – clause 2 (9)) stipulates that “Any worker employed in manual labour to carry out work in a factory engaged in the manufacture of basic metals, fabricated metal products, machinery or equipment and electrical machinery and equipment must undergo a safety and health training course approved by the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health.”
The “Apply Safety and Health in Metal Work” is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers in metal working.
Assumed Skills & Knowledge
- Have employment status as manual labour to carry out work in a factory engaged in the manufacture of basic metals, fabricated metal products, machinery or equipment and electrical machinery and apparatus & be medically fit & above 18 years.
- Participant must be able to read, write, speak and to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) level 2 (The language in which the course is conducted).
- Able to comply with workplace processes, procedures, activities and practices.
- To equip all personnel with the relevant safety competencies to work in the Process and related industries;
- To reduce the gestation period before the worker can start working by harmonizing the regulatory requirements with the industry endorsed WSQ training; and
- To provide clear progression pathway and address the necessary skills required to move up to the next level of responsibility
The following blended learning methods are applied to maximize the learning outcome for course conducted in English:
- Virtual Reality Video
- Eversafe Academy LMS for-
- Safety Signages
- Identify 25 hazzards from given digital photo
- Play safety video Game
- 20 MCQ for self-assessment
- Identify own roles and responsibilities in metal working
- Follow safe work procedures in metal working
- Respond to fire emergencies
Course Duration: 9.15 hours including 1.15 hours of Assessment
Medium of Instruction: English, Tamil, Bengali, Mandarin, Malay, Hindi, Burmese & Thai.
Class Size: Maximum class size: 20
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:20 (class room & assessment) & 1:5 (practical & practical performance)
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
1 hour of written assessment (40 MCQ) and 15mins of practical exam. The passing mark for written exam is 60% and C or NYC for practical exam.
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 8 Veerasamy Road, Singapore 207316
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-16&17, Pioneer Junction S627606
- 2 Joo Koon Road, Singapore 628966