|COURSE NAME||FEES BEFORE GST||Duration||Industry||Funding Details|
|Safety Instruction Course For Ship-Repair Managers||S$375.00||Total: 32 hrs, includes Assmnt: 4 hrs||Shipyard||Click Here|
WSH (Shipbuilding and Ship-Repairing) Regulations 2008 Reg. 7 (2) stipulates that “no person shall be appointed as a ship repair manager unless he has received adequate safety and health training to ensure that he is able to co-ordinate safely all activities relating to the construction or repair of the ship”.
Individuals appointed to the position of Manager, Ship-repair Manager,
Project Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Superintendent or equivalent in
the marine industry.
At the end of the course, trainees will be able to:.
- Understand the Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) legislation
- Understand the codes of practices
- Recognize the roles and responsibilities of ship-repair managers and other key shipyard personnel
- Handle lifting equipment safely
- ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 5 and above
- Must be holding the position of Manager, Ship repair Manager, Project Engineer, Superintendent or equivalent post to be eligible to attend this course. Participant has to produce a company letter to verify his/her designation.
- Apply legislations, Singapore Standards & Code of Practices relevant to the area of work of ship repair managers
- Formulate roles and responsibilities for shipbuilding and ship repair managers as well as other shipyard safety personnel.
- Evaluate job safety analysis for shipbuilding/ship repair.
- Draw a risk assessment matrix for shipbuilding/ship repair.
- Exercise operational control over shipbuilding and ship repair.
- Implement the elements of the safety and health management system for shipbuilding/ship repair.
- Lead and direct a safety and health audit and review for shipbuilding/ship repair
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a
certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd.
will be issued to all participants.
· No.8, Veerasamy Road, Singapore-207316
· 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
· 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966