Confined Space Management CSM
previously know as Assess Confined Space for Safe Entry and Work (ACSSEW)
Under regulation 9(B) of WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH (CONFINED SPACES) REGULATIONS 2009: “Before any person enters or works in a confined
space, it shall be the duty of his responsible person to -appoint a person whom the responsible person reasonably believes is competent to carry out the duties of a confined space safety assessor, as a confined space safety assessor for the confined space.”
- Individual who intend to become a confined space safety assessor
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH Coordinators, Officers and Auditors
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH technicians etc.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement:
Participants must fulfil both the requirements A & B
(A) WSH Skills & Knowledge equivalent to Certificate in WSH (Completed at least any one of the course SCW / SMW / SWCSO / SWSHPP / SSSC)
(B) 3 years of relevant working experience in operations and co-ordination of safety work
The course covers basic principles in working within/around confined space. It includes the knowledge and skills for the use of appropriate gas testing equipment and methods to obtain representative results for the assessment of atmospheric condition in confined space for safe entry and work. The skill and knowledge covered will enable the learners to be appointed as confined space safety assessors under the relevant regulations.
- Prepare for confined space assessment
- Confined space safety management, applicable legal and other requirements
- Type of hazards in confined spaces
- Identify hazards in confined space, measures to prevent harm to safety and health when entering and working in confined space
- Conduct gas testing in Confined Spaces, ascertain atmospheric condition is safe for entry
- Confined Space Entry Permit
- Participate in risk control and emergency response for entry into and working in a confined space
- Overview of confined space rescue
- Monitor confined space condition and control measures for safe working
40 hours including 3 hours of assessment
Medium of Instruction
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed classrooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with whiteboards; audio/video equipment’s & free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- 1. Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) qualification or equivalent.
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) Qualification
- Assess Confined Space For Safe Entry & Work or Confined Space Safety Assessor Qualification.
- At least 5 years of experience in WSH and in confined space related work
Key Person In charge:
Monish V ( Administrative Manager)
Maximum class size: 20
1:20 for Lecture & Assessment
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-16&17, Pioneer Junction S627606
Renewal Points for professionals
- SDU Points: 40