This unit covers basic principles in working within/around confined space. It includes the knowledge and skills for the use of appropriate gas testing equipment and methods, to obtain representative results for the assessment of atmospheric condition in confined space for safe entry and work. The skills and knowledge covered will enable the learners to be appointed as confined space safety assessor under the relevant regulations.
Who Should Attend?
The target audience of this competency unit may include:
- Persons who want to obtain the knowledge to be competent for taking up appointment of a confined space safety assessor.
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors.
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH Technicians.
Course Entry Requirements:
- WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Numeracy Level 6 orGrade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level for Mathematics
- Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level Science (Chemistry and Physics)
A Other relevant skills/ working experience: WSH Skills & Knowledge equivalent to Certificate in WSH
B 3 years of relevant working experience in operations and coordination of safety work.
Trainee with any of the following certificates can be exempted from Maths, Physics and Chemistry requirements for the course:
- Confined Space Safety Assessor Bridging Course conducted by CPTC Petrofac
- NTC Grade 2 (Process Operation & Control)
- National ITE Certificate in Chemical Process Technology
The following certificates are recognized to be equivalent to Certificate in WSH:
- Building Construction Supervisors Safety Course
- Oil/ Petrochemical Industry Safety Course for Supervisors
- Shipyard Supervisors Safety Course
- Basic Industrial Safety and Health Course for Supervisors
Assumed Skills and Knowledge (Recommended)
- WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Literacy Level 6 or
- Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level for English
- 37 hours (Training)
- 3 hours (Assessment)
- Prepare for confined space assessment
- Confined space safety management, applicable legal and other requirements
- Type of hazards in confined spaces
- Identify hazards in confined space, measures to prevent harm to safety and health when entering and working in confined space
- Conduct gas testing in Confined Spaces, ascertain atmospheric condition is safe for entry
- Confined Space Entry Permit
- Participate in risk control and emergency response for entry into and working in a confined space Overview of confined space rescue
- Monitor confined space condition and control measures for safe working
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skill Future Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
Eversafe’s Course Fee
S$550 + GST
Please contact Us to know more about the course Fee.
We are reachable anytime @ +65 – 9855 2417
Is There Any Funding Available For This Course?
Yes, Eversafe will help you to arrange Funding based on the application. Funding are subjected to the approval from the respective bodies. Contact us now to know more about the Funding.
We are reachable anytime @ +65 – 9855 2417 Still Do You Have Any Doubts? Or Do You Have Any Suggestions? Come Let’s Write It On The Comment Box Below